Deficiency of Vitamin D; The Sunshine Vitamin:
What is Vitamin D, and Its Called The Sunshine Vitamin? Vitamins are nutrients that the body cannot create, but a person must consume them in the diet. However, the body can produce its vitamin D through sunlight. We need this for our bodies to stay healthy. It is also called sunshine vitamin and fat-soluble. It is essential for strong bones, muscle strength, and general good health.
Vitamin D is necessary, and one can get it through sun exposure, although some foods also contain it. Moreover, there are dietary supplements available in the market that can also help to increase its intake.
Benefits for Good Health:
Vitamin D has its excellent outcomes, For example:
- Healthy bones and teeth
- Helps infants bones to grow normally and healthily in pregnancy
- Supports the immune system, brain, and nervous system health
- Reduces flu risk
- Beneficial for insulin regulation levels and diabetes management
- Balances blood pressure
- Relieves depression
- Vitamin D supports lung function and cardiovascular health.
Sources of Vitamin D:
- A sufficient amount of sunlight is the way the body uses to produce enough vitamin D. Foods which are rich in vitamin D include:
- Fatty fish, such as salmon and tuna
- Egg yolks are also rich in vitamin D.
- Cheese contains a lot of sunshine vitamin.
- Another food is beef liver.
- Mushrooms, fortified milk, cereals, and juices are excellent resources for filling the human body with vitamin D.
- Some vegetables like spinach and ladyfingers also contain a lot of vitamin D.
- However, deficiency of Vitamin D leads to medical and psychological problems. Vitamin D deficiency means that the body is not getting enough vitamin D to stay healthy.
- Soybean and white beans are rich in sunshine vitamin. Having appropriate levels of Vitamin D is a symbol of good health. All the things mentioned above help increase its level.
Problems That Occur Because of This Deficiency:
Deficiency of Vitamin D; The Sunshine Vitamin: Higher levels of anxiety and depression are associated with lower levels of vitamin D. Vitamin D insufficiency caused high levels of anxiety and depression.
This vitamin helps the body to absorb calcium. Calcium is an essential building block of bone. When there is not any sufficient vitamin D, the bones get softer and get Rickets. Rickets is a medical problem that causes softening and weakness of the legs and bone pain. In addition, it increases the risk of fracture in kids.
Osteomalacia is a disease that affects both adults and kids. It is a disease in which the bones don’t contain enough bone minerals (primarily calcium and phosphate). Because vitamin D is responsible for helping bones to absorb minerals, without its help, bones cannot be firm enough.
Weak bones can lead to osteoporosis, loss of bone density, which can lead to fractures. Vitamin D also has a role in your nervous system, muscular system, and immune systems. It is also responsible for mood swings and depression.